Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sally Girl Cosmetics

Sally Girl's mini baked eyeshadow is my favorite eyeshadow of the moment! It's very affordable ($0.99 at the moment - $0.94 with a Sally Beauty Club Card), it is well pigmented, it has a metallic finish, and it has a nice variety of colors. So far there are 12 overall. I am hoping they expand the line and include new colors eventually, but the variety in the selection right now is pretty decent. I own all of the colors. The only drawback of this baked eyeshadow is it is easy to break the eyeshadow from its compact. All it takes is dropping it or plopping it down too roughly. But I haven't had any completely shatter on me.

The regular Sally Girl eyeshadow is also really great. I first used those. There are 48 colors available. I have a handful of these, and most of them are pretty well pigmented, too. There are matte, glitter, and frost/shimmery types in a variety of colors. These are the same price as the baked eyeshadow. What's also cool about these is that they connect together as well.

Sally Girl also has eyeshadow quad palettes. The colors in the quads look like some of the singular eyeshadow shades to me, so I bought a number of the quads to try out a bunch of colors I didn't already have. The quads are also $0.99.

I tried the mini liquid eyeliner as well (in black). It goes on just fine (if you are used to applying liquid eyeliner, which can be tricky). However, it does peel off. I had something dropping down in my eyelashes and didn't know what was bothering them, and I soon figured out it was the eyeliner. It's convenient for me because it easily fits in my purse (I sometimes finish my makeup in the car while being driven to work). It works and can stay on long enough, but it's not the smoothest looking and not my favorite. I'd probably only buy it again if I needed something cheap and was in a Sally Beauty Supply and crunched for time.

The mini lip glosses are cool. Once again, the size makes it very convenient to carry in your purse. There are a lot of pinks, there are a couple of neutral shades, and there are a couple of wine/burgundy shades. There is also a clear one. It is pretty smooth and comfortable to wear. Really tiny, but it's also cheap at $0.99. I've tried about three of them and liked them all. I'd say the lasting power of the glosses were about moderate for me.

You can find these and other Sally Girl mini makeup products at Sally Beauty Supply. If you don't have one near you, you can order them at http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/Search-Show?prefn1=brand&prefv1=SALGRL&brandLandingPage=true

Sally Girl Eyeshadow Connecting Compacts
Top row (l to r): Navy, Turquoise, Aqua, Teal, Onyx

Middle row (l to r): Cranberry, Rose, Beige, Chocolate, Snow

Bottom row (l to r): Sally Girl Quad Eyeshadow in Miss Behaving, Gum Drops, Dream Boat, and Envy




Sally Girl Mini Baked Eyeshadow
Top row (l to r): Dark Green (388120), Dark Aqua (388129), Dark Purple (388127), Grey Purple (388128), Shadow Rose (388125), Light Pink (388126)

Bottom row (l to r): Gold (388122), Sage (388121), Bronze (388124), Silver (388130), Gunmetal Grey (388131), Pearl White (388123)

No comments:

Post a Comment