Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fresh Meat 2, New RW

I'm so excited Landon and Carley won! I'd actually spoiled the results earlier, but it kept me wanting to watch the show. I wasn't too happy with the overall cast, and I considered not watching, but once I heard Landon was competing, I had to watch. Landon is one of my favorite RW cast members - I just adore him so much. It goes all the way back to RW Philadelphia. He wasn't perfect on his season, but overall I always got the feeling that he was a good guy, and I'm glad he is getting a lot of love and support from the viewers on challenges now. The only other person I would not have minded winning was Darrell. Landon winning is even better for me, though, and it's nice that I'm completely satisfied with the winners this time.

What sort of "made" this challenge is that the same people were not in control the entire time like in the last several seasons. That was refreshing. However, I felt the challenge was lacking overall. It's been that way for a while. I don't think I see the challenges returning to what they used to be, sadly. But I've seen so many years of challenges (since the beginning), so I've seen a lot of great challenges and moments. This challenge in particular had a number of people who I just didn't care too much for. Plus fresh meat competitors (from both seasons) outnumbered the actual RW and RR people, and that's tough to see. But some of them were eliminated and I was happy with the outcome, so it could have been worse.

It's time for a new season of The Real World. This season is set in New Orleans. At first I was disappointed because I wanted to see a new city. But after thinking about it, going back to New Orleans (the city for the ninth season of The Real World) was favorable to seeing them in another New York or California city. Plus the possibility of the cast having a job to help rebuild the city was great. BMP has also finally cast a person from the same college I went to. So I had a bit of interest in this season despite not really enjoying the last couple of seasons.

Fast forward to current times, and I'm singing a different tune. I finally saw the MTV page for the show and the trailer. This may seem minute, but I am very annoyed with the fact that this season is being called "RW: New Orleans." For those who know the history of the show, this is shocking because there already was a RW New Orleans. What was BMP and MTV thinking?! This is what I think they were thinking - I think they were thinking that it's a new generation of watchers who would not know about the ninth season being in New Orleans. It's been 10 years since the original New Orleans season. Can you believe it? I think it's not wise for them to call this season the same name as the original New Orleans season, though, because it could cause confusion online. It can also cause confusion between fans when they discuss the shows. I still can't believe it. This factor combined with the declining quality of the show and my lack of interest in the trailer has made me not want to watch. I felt my RW watching time was coming to an end, anyway. Now it feels like a new era even more, and it's about time for me to hop off the train. Guess Melissa Howard won't have to worry about a marathon of the original New Orleans airing, because with the title of this season, it's like history has been rewritten.

No comments:

Post a Comment